Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lent 2013, XII


XII. JPII defines a person as “that which does not admit of being used.” This means that a person can never be a means, only an end. He also says the each person is called to a unique, exclusive and unrepeatable relationship with God. Each person is the result of an absolutely singular thought of the Divine Godhead. Each person that I meet in my life, including the ones I don’t even notice because I’m too busy watching my own feet and thinking deep thoughts, has been literally loved into existence by God Himself, and redeemed by the blood of Jesus on the Cross. That annoying snob that isn’t worth my time is well worth Jesus’ time. He sits night and day in the Tabernacle waiting for that annoying snob to come and pay a visit. I shouldn’t wonder at that. After all, He does the same for me.

1 comment:

  1. A good reminder of how every person is a blessing! I was actually thinking about the preciousness of life this weekend for a few reasons... primarily because my sister just got engaged:):):)!!!!

    Also, however, because I met a few people begging, and I have a difficult time seeing that... but I am also wary of giving. Yet, God loves them/they are worth His time, so could I not reach out of my comfort zone to them in some way?
    Thanks for your post. Also, thanks for the reminder that Jesus is always waiting for us!
    God bless and have a wonderful day.
    Frances

    ReplyDelete